Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
The course on Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning is planned for senior Linux system administrators, which will teach how to perform tuning for Enterprise Linux. This training will teach students about system architecture by implicating it on system performance, tuning configurations, open source benchmarking efficacies, and techniques for analyzing networking performance. A Red Hat Certified Engineer who had successfully completed this course will be able to prepare for this Red Hat course on Expertise in Performance Tuning.
FB page:- LinuxWorld India
Redhat Performance Tuning Training
Course content summary
- Tuning for use-case scenarios (for example, HPC, large memory, database, and file server)
- Applying tuning profiles with tuned
- Tuning virtual machines (primarily guest, but host is discussed)
- Tuning memory and caches
- Tuning CPU and memory utilization using cgroups (integrated in systemd)
- Gathering performance metrics and other data for tuning purposes
- Introduction to performance tuning Understand the basic principles of performance tuning and analysis.
- Collecting, graphing, and interpreting data Gain proficiency using basic analysis tools and evaluating data.
- General tuning Learn basic tuning theory and mechanisms used to tune the system.
- Limiting resource usage
- Hardware profiling Understand and analyze hardware.
- Software profiling Analyze CPU and memory performance of applications.
- Small file tuning Tune a server for a workload involving frequent reads and writes of small files.
- Large memory workload tuning Understand memory management and tuning.
- Tuning for a CPU-intensive workload Understand tuning for CPU-bound applications.
- File server tuning Understand storage and network tuning in the context of a file server application.
- Database server tuning Tune memory and network performance using a database application as an example.
- Power usage tuning Tune systems with power consumption in mind.
- Virtualization tuning Tune 'host' and 'guest' for efficient virtualization.
Red Hat® Performance Tuning Course Content :
- Senior Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
- System Administrators, conultants and other IT professionals.
Benefits to earning a Red Hat certification:
- Recognition in the industry
- Increased customer confidence
- Proof of knowledge and skills
- Certification verification tool for employers
- Use of the certification logo on business cards
- Ability to access multiple Red Hat Certificated Professional (RHCP) online communities (like Facebook and LinkedIn)
Access to Red Hat Certification Central website
• Download certification logo
• Purchase Red Hat certification gear
• Red Hat Certified Professionals forum
• Online profile listed under your certification number
• Red Hat Certified Professional job search
• Special offers on training and events
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) certification or equivalent experience
- Candidates who have not earned their RHCE can confirm they have the correct skills by passing our online skills assessment
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
DELIVERANCES BY LINUXWORLD India :
- Project Certificate from LinuxWorld Informatics Pvt Ltd (on successful completion of project)
- Participation - Training Certificate - RedHat India Pvt. Ltd.
- Training Certificate by LinuxWorld - An ISO 9001-2008 Certified Organization
- DVD - Containing Software and RPM's
- Extra Software for Tech.
- Material in Printed Hard Copy
- 24 x 7 Wi Fi Enabled Lab Facility
- Life Time Membership (LTM) Card
- Expert faculty having 14+ yrs of Industrial Exposure
- Practical Implementation by having hands-on experience on live demo and real world's case studies project
- Authenticate Job Assistance for Certified RHCE Candidates by RedHat and MonsterIndia portal and
LinuxWorld Placement's Companies
About the RedHat Performance Tuning certificationThis exam tests candidates' ability to use standard system tools to analyze the performance of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® and its applications. It also tests the ability to use standard system tools and mechanisms to modify the behavior of the system and applications to improve performance. This exam is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Red Hat® Performance Tuning is designed to teach senior Linux® system administrators the methodology of performance tuning for Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
Exam objectives — RedHat Performance Tuning : Get Details
- Red Hat recommends that candidates earn Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) before attempting this exam but neither is required.
- Use utilities such as vmstat, iostat, mpstat, sar, gnome-system-monitor, top, powertop and others to analyze and report system and application behavior
- Configure systems to provide performance metrics using utilities such as Performance Co-Pilot (PCP).
- Use the Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM) mechanism to implement restrictions on critical system resources
- Use /proc/sys, sysctl and /sys to examine and modify and set kernel run-time parameters
- Use utilities such as dmesg, dmidecode, x86info, sosreport etc. to profile system hardware configurations
- Analyze system and application behavior using tools such as ps, strace, top and Valgrind
- Configure systems to run SystemTap scripts
- Alter process priorities of both new and existing processes
- Configure systems to support alternate page sizes for applications that use large amounts of memory
- Given multiple versions of applications that perform the same or similar tasks, choose which version of the application to run on a system based on its observed performance characteristics
- Configure disk subsystems for optimal performance using mechanisms such as swap partition placement, I/O scheduling algorithm selection, file system layout and others
- Configure kernel behavior by altering module parameters
- Calculate network buffer sizes based on known quantities such as bandwidth and round-trip time and set system buffer sizes based on those calculations
- Select and configure tuned profiles.
- Manage system resource usage using control groups
- Experienced Linux system administrators responsible for maximizing resource utilization through performance tuning
- An RHCE interested in earning Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- Be a RHCSA or have comparable work experience and skills (RHCE would be even better).
- Have taken the Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442) course or have extensive work experience in performance tuning.
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Performance Tuning exam (EX442) objectives.
- 5 days exam bootcamp is conducted keeping in mind the revision of entire course in rapid track and by
imparting the tips and tricks to easily crack the paper.
- Mock tests are conducted to judge the student's knowledge and then help them in improving their respective weak areas to excel in the exam.
- Cost for Exam Boot Camp : 4000/- INR (Its Free for LinuxWorld Student)
If you would like to know more about this course please ping us @ :
call us on 0091 9829105960 / 0091 141 2501609
send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org