JB234 : Systems Management with Red Hat JBoss Operations Network
In this course, you will go in-depth into the JBoss Operations Network (JBoss ON) management tool. You will learn how to centrally manage and monitor JBoss servers and systems, including EAP, BRMS, EDS, EWS, and SOA-P deployments, using the many features and capabilities of the newest version of JBoss ON. You will also cover installing JBoss ON, inventory management, monitoring resources, provisioning, application monitoring, content management, drift management, and deploying JBoss ON in a high availability (HA) environment.
About Vimal Daga: Vimal combines more than a decade of practical knowledge of evolving technologies, including Linux, Open Source and Security. He maintains a passion of learning new dimensions of technology, understanding breakthrough ideas and connecting common men with new media.
His key technical areas are: Big Data, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Storage - Glusterfs, Web Application Security, Dev Ops, Linux Server Security and many more to go.
He has been honored with a convincing number of authority awards for his contribution to Rajasthan's Linux culture, and for bringing the benefits of technology to the masses in an uncomplicated yet useful manner. He shares an excellent portfolio of being certified by leading technological institutions (such as first public RHCSS (Ex333) of India, first Cisco Certified System Instructor in Rajasthan) Currently, he chairs the role of Chief Technical Officer at Linux World - a company that was founded to make Linux and open source easily accessible and understandable to budding technocrats.
Launched around a decade back, LinuxWorld today enjoys a prized position as one of the fastest growing and most recognized Linux training and consultancy institutions in India - working for individuals, corporate entities and educational institutions. All that was possible for hard work, attention to detail and successful execution of ideas of Vimal
Besides hosting seminars, organizing workshops, discovering new avenues of technology in keynote speaking sessions, he contributes to authority publications that deal in Linux.
To know more about Mr.Vimal Daga - Click Here
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux operating systemsL
- Understanding of hardware and networking
- No prior knowledge of Java™, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required.
Course content summary
- Install JBoss ON servers, agents, and plug-ins
- Import and manage inventory (servers, systems, etc.)
- Monitor the imported resources
- Analyze JBoss ON reports
- Provision servers and applications using the JBoss ON bundling capabilities
- Monitor JBoss applications using JBoss ON
- Administer a JBoss ON server
- Content management
- Use JBoss ON for drift management
- Deploy JBoss ON in an HA environment
1. JBoss ON
- Use Cases
- Installing a JBoss ON Server, Agent, and Agent Plug-In
2. Managing Inventory
- Groups Available to Organize and Manage Imported Resources
- Customize the JBoss ON Dashboard
3. Monitoring Resources
- Using JBoss ON to Monitor Managed Resources
- Reporting Features of JBoss ON.
- Provisioning Servers and Java Applications Using the JBoss ON Bundling Capabilities.
- Monitoring Various Components of a Java EE Application Using JBoss ON
- Enterprise JavaBeans
- JMS Destinations
7.Administering JBoss ON :
- Configuring the JBoss ON Server
- Adding Users and Roles
- Configuring System Settings
- Editing Templates
- Running CLI Commands
8. Managing Content with JBoss ON
- Content Sources
- Using Repositories to Deploy New Versions of Packages and Applications
9. Drift Management
- Configuring JBoss ON to Manage Drift Issues .
- Pinning Snapshots .
- Determining Drift Compliance .
10.HA JBoss ON
- Deploying Multiple JBoss ON Servers in an HA environment
- Affinity Groups