Configuration Management with Puppet
Configuration Management with Puppet (DO405) is designed for system administrators and cloud administrators who intend to implement Puppet as integrated with Red Hat products in an operations environment or a cloud computing environment.
About Vimal Daga: Vimal combines more than a decade of practical knowledge of evolving technologies, including Linux, Open Source and Security. He maintains a passion of learning new dimensions of technology, understanding breakthrough ideas and connecting common men with new media.
His key technical areas are: Big Data, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Storage - Glusterfs, Web Application Security, Dev Ops, Linux Server Security and many more to go.
He has been honored with a convincing number of authority awards for his contribution to Rajasthan's Linux culture, and for bringing the benefits of technology to the masses in an uncomplicated yet useful manner. He shares an excellent portfolio of being certified by leading technological institutions (such as first public RHCSS (Ex333) of India, first Cisco Certified System Instructor in Rajasthan) Currently, he chairs the role of Chief Technical Officer at Linux World - a company that was founded to make Linux and open source easily accessible and understandable to budding technocrats.
Launched around a decade back, LinuxWorld today enjoys a prized position as one of the fastest growing and most recognized Linux training and consultancy institutions in India - working for individuals, corporate entities and educational institutions. All that was possible for hard work, attention to detail and successful execution of ideas of Vimal
Besides hosting seminars, organizing workshops, discovering new avenues of technology in keynote speaking sessions, he contributes to authority publications that deal in Linux.
To know more about Mr.Vimal Daga - Click Here
- System administrators and cloud administrators responsible for the management of systems and cloud client systems on either Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Satellite and have received an Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or have equivalent experience
FB page:- LinuxWorld India
Configuration Management with Puppet
This course will cover case studies involving Red Hat products that use Puppet: Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Satellite. Key Puppet concepts will be introduced, including language constructs, modules, classes, and resources. This course will cover the deployment of Puppet server on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the deployment of Puppet as a client. Course content summary
- Write Puppet manifests that utilize a variety of Puppet DSL resources.
- Deploy a GIT repository and use it to maintain Puppet modules.
- Write Puppet modules that deploy and configure network services.
- Configure a Puppet master and client nodes.
- Implement Puppet configuration management in a DevOps environment.
- Use Red Hat Satellite 6 to manage client configurations with Puppet.
1.Identify system administration functions in Puppet
- Identify system administration functions in Puppet code.
2. Puppet architecture:
- Describe the Puppet architecture and describe a state model..
3.Implement a Puppet manifest :
- Build, validate, and deploy a Puppet manifest.
4.Troubleshoot Puppet manifests :
- Find documentation and diagnose errors in Puppet manifests..
- Implement Git to manage software..
6.Find information with Facter :
- View information about systems using Facter..
7.Implement Puppet modules :
- Create Puppet modules and implement classes in a manifest.
8. Implement relationships in a Puppet module:
- Implement namespaces, relationships, and dependencies in a Puppet module.
9.Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module :
- Implement variables and conditionals in a Puppet module.
10.Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet :
- Identify advanced system administration functions in Puppet code.
11. Implement Puppet:
- Deploy and configure a Puppet master and a Puppet client.
12.Implement external Puppet modules :
- Implement Puppet modules from Puppet Forge..
13. Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment:
- Implement Puppet in a DevOps environment.
14.Implement Puppet in Red Hat Satellite 6 :
- Implement Puppet in a Red Hat Satellite 6 environment.