JB450 : Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development
Red Hat® JBoss® Data Virtualization Development teaches database developers and administrators how to model data sources and virtual entities such as tables, views, and procedures. Through hands-on labs, students will learn how to deploy these virtual entities for JDBC and web service consumption. This course can also help certification candidates in their preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Data Virtualization exam (EX450).
About Vimal Daga: Vimal combines more than a decade of practical knowledge of evolving technologies, including Linux, Open Source and Security. He maintains a passion of learning new dimensions of technology, understanding breakthrough ideas and connecting common men with new media.
His key technical areas are: Big Data, Data Analytics, Cloud Computing, OpenStack, Storage - Glusterfs, Web Application Security, Dev Ops, Linux Server Security and many more to go.
He has been honored with a convincing number of authority awards for his contribution to Rajasthan's Linux culture, and for bringing the benefits of technology to the masses in an uncomplicated yet useful manner. He shares an excellent portfolio of being certified by leading technological institutions (such as first public RHCSS (Ex333) of India, first Cisco Certified System Instructor in Rajasthan) Currently, he chairs the role of Chief Technical Officer at Linux World - a company that was founded to make Linux and open source easily accessible and understandable to budding technocrats.
Launched around a decade back, LinuxWorld today enjoys a prized position as one of the fastest growing and most recognized Linux training and consultancy institutions in India - working for individuals, corporate entities and educational institutions. All that was possible for hard work, attention to detail and successful execution of ideas of Vimal
Besides hosting seminars, organizing workshops, discovering new avenues of technology in keynote speaking sessions, he contributes to authority publications that deal in Linux.
To know more about Mr.Vimal Daga - Click Here
- Fluency in Relational Database Concepts and SQL
- Experience in programming with the JDBC API is helpful
- JBoss Developer Studio or Eclipse experience is helpful but not required
FB page:- LinuxWorld India
JB450: Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization Development
Course content summary
- Modeling data sources
- Modeling a virtual base layer
- Creating virtual databases (VDB)
- Modeling unions, joins, and virtual procedures
- Modeling and deploying web services
- Server administration
- Developing client applications
1. Introduction to Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization
- Install Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization.
2. Model data sources
- Model connections to data sources and the Teiid server
3.Create a virtual base layer (VBL)Model a VBL on top of data sources:
- Create virtual databases (VDB)Create and deploy a VDB.
4.Create view models with a union
- Model combined projections.
5. Create view models with joins
- Model joins between tables (sources).
6.Create virtual procedures:
- Model virtual procedures.
7.Produce XML results :
- Model for XML document results.
8. Expose a model as a SOAP web service:
- Build and deploy a web service model using JAX-WS (SOAP).
9. Expose a model as a REST web service
- Deploy a web service model using JAX-RS (REST).
10.Create a view from a web service data source:
- Use a web service as a data source.
11.Server administration :
- Manage the data services server.
12. Create materialized views:
- Utilize materialized views when appropriate.
13.Restrict access to a virtual database :
- Implement access restrictions to the elements mapped in a virtual database.
14. Access a virtual database in an application:
- Access virtual databases in a Java application.